AISL seeks qualified teachers who are deeply committed to the philosophy of inclusion and to meeting the educational needs of all students. Passion about education (your students and your own) is a must. Experience working with the International Baccalaureate at other international schools is desirable.
At AISL, we strive to develop a professional learning community characterized by:
- Shared Norms and Values
- A Focus on Student Learning
- Reflective Dialogue; and
Consequently, we all
- keep current on child development, learning theory and best practice in education and classroom teaching;
- implement a range of interconnected approaches to teaching and learning that include:
- Differentiated instruction
- Technology integration
- Assessment for learning
- Backwards design; and
- Examining and moderating student work
- commit to developing a partnership with parents to help our students achieve their potential;
- take on leadership roles and share expertise whenever possible; and
- share a commitment to the environment by reducing, reusing and recycling.
You may click here to find out more about our professional culture and working at AISL.
AISL offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Benefits for overseas hired teachers include:
- International medical insurance, including a preventative provision and dental insurance
- Annual home leave flights at the end of a contract
- Housing and utilities
- Tuition for up to two dependent children
If what you read sparks your interest in AISL and reflects your values and beliefs as an educator, please feel free to apply for a position for which you are qualified by sending the following to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- A letter of interest
- A 1-2 page philosophy of teaching and learning
- A 1-2 page CV
- Contact details for three referees
Alternatively, you may register as a candidate with Search Associates or the University of Northern Iowa.
All positions are filled for the 2017-18 school year. Recruitment for 2018-19 will begin in October 2017.