The American International School of Lusaka (AISL) Merit-Based Scholarship Programme is designed to provide highly capable and motivated Zambian students, who have significant financial need, with an opportunity to attend the High School at AISL and earn an American High School Diploma, as well as pursue the prestigious International Baccalaureate Middle Years and Diploma Programmes.
AISL scholarship students will be expected to perform at a very high level academically and to participate in a comprehensive extra-curricular programme.
AISL will provide scholarship students with full AISL tuition fees, school supplies including an iPad and home Internet bundle, all examination and university application fees, university and scholarship guidance, a transport and school lunch provision, and opportunities to participate in school-sponsored trips in Zambia and overseas.
The scholarship does not include boarding, housing, or financial assistance after leaving the school or beyond that stipulated in the scholarship contract.
To qualify for the scholarship, you must be:
- a Zambian citizen;
- an outstanding student who is expecting to achieve excellent results on the Gr. 9 Junior Secondary School Leaving Examinations (JSSLE) or equivalent;
- able to show evidence of leadership and a commitment to the arts, sports, and/or community service;
- a resident of Lusaka or have a home in which to reside in Lusaka;
- able to demonstrate significant financial need;
- born between August 1, 2001 and July 31, 2003.
Applicants will be expected to complete and submit the AISL Scholarship Application forms, assignments, and requested documentation and send all completed applications to the AISL Admissions Office by February 15th, 2017.
A complete application will consist of all of the following:
1. Completed Application Form (signed by applicant and parent/guardian);
2. Copy of the candidate’s birth certificate or passport;
3. Gr. 9 Junior Secondary School Leaving Examinations (JSSLE) results (or equivalent), when available;
4. School grade/academic reports (preferably for the past 2 years);
5. Two completed Recommendation Forms with contact details, one from an English teacher and one from a Mathematics teacher;
6. Completed Writing Assignment;
7. Completed Mathematics Assignment.
Completed applications can be hand delivered to the Admissions Office at the American International School of Lusaka, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: The Scholarship Admissions Committee is unable to consider applications that are not complete.
Come and join our diverse and dynamic school community!
Click here to download the APPLICATION PACKET.
Watch the Scholarship Program Promotion video below.