We will be hosting PYP, MYP and DP teaching and learning in-cooperation workshops in October and November 2016.
Click on required below to download respective registration packet.
7 - 8 November. IB PYP Category 2 Action in the PYP
14 - 15 November. IB MYP Category 3 Service learning in the MYP (formally Action in the MYP)
3 - 4 October IB DP Category 2 Theory of Knowledge
At AISL, we believe that our faculty, teaching assistants, and administration are our most important resources. Consequently, AISL is committed to supporting the professional growth and development of members of faculty and administration to support continuous improvement of professional performance and school operations. Improvements in these areas will enhance student learning and experience which is the ultimate goal.
Characteristics of Professional Development at AISL
Effective professional development results in new learning, evident in changed behavior, which is gained by opportunities to become aware, observe, practice, reflect, and refine. More specifically, effective professional development supported by AISL
- focuses on individual, collegial, and organizational improvement;
- Respects and nurtures the intellectual and leadership capacities of members of faculty and administration;
- reflects best available practices in teaching, learning, assessment, and management and leadership;
- enables faculty members to develop further expertise in subject content, teaching strategies, uses of technologies, and other essential elements in teaching to high standards;
- enables to members of the administration to further develop expertise in management, leadership, and school operations;
- is evaluated ultimately on the basis of impact on student learning, teacher effectiveness, and school operations.
AISL Professional Development Committee
AISL has established a Professional Development Committee that represents the interests and needs of faculty and administration along with educational programming needs and requirements. The membership of the AISL Professional Development Committee consists of the following:
- Primary Principal
- Secondary Principal
- PYP Coordinator
- MYP Coordinator
- DP Coordinator/Ass’t Principal
This Committee will establish an annual professional development plan at the beginning of each school year. The plan will reflect the annual school priorities, the strategic plan, survey feedback from the preceding year, and IB program requirements.
Professional Development Funding Criteria
Below are the criteria that the AISL Professional Development Committee uses to evaluate and support professional development opportunities:
1. Alignment with school wide priorities
2. IB requirements (PYP, MYP, IB Dip)
3. Equity / Previous funding from AISL (individual applications)
4. Benefit to colleagues/school
5. Alignment with SMART goal
7. Funds available