Students worked on the Maths Fair project in Ms Venkataya's classroom for two weeks and then they presented in the Palm Pavilion where parents and students were able to join them to try to solve the problems they had tackled for themselves.
Students developed the following skills:
* critical thinking by solving the mathematical problems logically
* communication by working in groups to solve the problem and sharing their learning experience
with their peers, teachers, parents, and administration
* teamwork by working in pairs to create helpful hints, and a step by step process for others
* creative thinking and designing of the poster board
* perseverance through the notion of a growth mindset
A note from Ms Venkataya:
Thank you so much parents, students and teachers for making the first AISL Math Fair a HUGE success. I hope parents that you enjoyed solving a couple of challenging mathematical problems as well!
The Leopard's Tale is our main medium to keep our families informed on such things as the day to day happenings on campus, after school activities, summaries of any arts and sports events, helpful resources, and important dates and reminders.
Parent Information Sessions
Here are the upcoming sessions – all parents are welcome and encouraged to attend: