This Friday, April 20th is the last day of class for Grade 12 diploma programme students. Next week, Monday April 23 - 27 will be STUDY LEAVE. This week is a special time during which students can stay home and study, come to school to collaborate with friends, or get individualized attention and support from teachers. Teachers will be available in their classrooms for any student who would like help. Students are also welcome and invited to work in the Library, the Library Conference Room, the Diploma Programme Lounge, or any number of open classrooms. Our hope for the students is that they have an opportunity to engage in five important activities during Study Leave:
1. Sleep: Getting at least eight to nine hours of sleep each night during study leave will prepare their brains and bodies for the three weeks of upcoming exams.
2. Read, make notes, and review: Students should make meaning from their notes and coursework from the two years, including taking practice exams.
3. Engage in physical activity: Students should study for chunks of time and then get outside and move. Physical movement increases blood flow to the brain and support the retention of what they are studying.
4. Ask questions: Students could come to school with questions for their teachers, clarifications and details that might help them to understand
5. Relax: After almost two years of learning, students need time to rest and relax, knowing that a lot of information, concepts, and learning has already sunk in!
On Tuesday, 17 April at 7:30 in the library we will hold a Personal project informational session. This session is open to all and we strongly encourage all MYP 4 (Grade 9) parents to attend as our MYP 4 students are just beginning their Personal project journey.
Please join us as eight of our current MYP 5 (Grade 10) students share their experiences with Personal project.
The MYP Coordinator will also review the aims, objectives and steps of this culminating project that all MYP 5 students must complete.
We hope to see you there!
If you feel like you missed out, mark your calendars for next years AISL Ski Trip...!
Our last coffee houses of the school year (making six total for the year!) will be on the following days and times:
Middle School (Grades 6-8) Coffee House: Thursday 19 April 8.30-9:30 in The Zone.
Upper Secondary (Grades 9-12) Coffee House: Friday 27 April 19.00-20.30 in The Library.
The coffee houses provide students with a fantastic opportunity to be risk-takers in sharing their creativity in many forms including dance, song, rap, poetry, stand-up comedy, and more.
Tuck shop menu
Office Hours: Monday - Thursday: 07:15 - 15:45 / Friday: 07:15 - 14:30